Skip to main content

Madcap Puppets at Nanny Belle's!

 I remember Madcap Puppets coming to my school when I was in elementary school. I loved when the puppets came and especially when they used the larger puppets. I saw that Nanny Belle's was hosting Madcap Puppets for their anniversary at Summit Park in Blue Ash.

Summit Park is a really nice park with 3 different restaurants, an ice cream shop, an observation tower, nature playscape with water, playgrounds created for different age groups, restrooms, trails and more. They even host a market each month in the summer that we like to attend that is filled with local vendors.

We arrived around 9:30, set our things on a bench under the glass canopy for the puppet show, and headed to the playground. I invited my sister and her kids so they joined Samuel and I. They loved playing on the different playground items. There is even a ramp, climbing hill, and slide area. There is turf throughout which is very nice. There are seats that look like rocks along the slide that are in a shaded area. You can see the playground very well from those spots (I included a couple of photos for reference). My niece needed to take a break and we were still able to see the others playing close by.

We headed to the glass canopy area about 10 minutes before the puppet show. The kids had snacks while we waited for the show to start. Madcap Puppets put on their production called Fantastic Fairy Tales. A few different stories were told using various puppets and our favorite was the adaptation of The Three Little Pigs. 

Afterward we grabbed some ice cream from Nanny Belle's while we waited for Tahona to open. There are lots of ice cream options and Samuel and I chose a chocolate and vanilla swirl soft serve with sprinkles. They also sell a lemonade that reminds me of a lemonade shake up from the fair. 

This was our first time eating at Tahona and it was delicious! I had 2 different tacos- the cod and pork and Samuel loved the quesadilla. They have a salsa bar that you can purchase separately as well. Bryant works close by so he joined us for lunch. You order your food, they give you a number, and they will bring it to your table when it is done.

It was a great morning at Summit Park! We loved playing before the show, loved the puppets, and enjoyed lunch on the outdoor patio. The Madcap Puppets are putting on Jack and the Gentle Giant at the Evendale Pavilion on July 27 at 12. If you plan to attend, I would plan to arrive early. There were several day care centers that brought the kids to view the show. I am glad we got there early and reserved our spot for the kids to see the show.

Comments